They say that a healthy diet is expensive and not everybody can afford it, but is that truly so?
Many people think that adopting a healthy diet must be swift and drastic, emptying the fridge and getting rid of all those harmful foods and ingredients.
In order to have a healthy brain and body the diet must fulfil to the needs of the organism. Let us, therefore, “befriend the dishes” that we put on our tables every day, let us make them friend not foes.
A correct diet should respect the following principles :
1. ADEQUATE – It should supply the body with the essential nutrients, fiber and provide sufficient energy to maintain health and body weight control
2. BALANCED – It should maintain a suitable ratio between the different nutrients
3. CALORIE- CONTROLED – It must provide the right amount of calories necessary for the bodily functions keeping the body weight in check
4. MODERATE – it should avoid overindulging in shugary, salty, fatty or any other poisonous foods
5. VARIED – it should avoid the use of the same food products over a consistent period of time even if it nutrient dense