I have used an under sink water filter for the last few years and wanted to switch to a different model. I was not happy with the effectiveness or the filter replacement costs of the current model I was using.
I took the opportunity when I moved into a new home to really research and find a good sink filter that would provide me with clean and healthy water for drinking and cooking.
Up until this point I simply used the local water companies filtration units that they offered. When I began to look online I realized that there were a lot more options and competitive pricing.
One of the sink filtration units I heavily researched was the Aquasana under sink water filter. Aquasana has two under sink models, the AQ-4600 and the AQ-4601. The only difference between the two is that the 4601 comes with nicer faucet options.
Below are my findings for the Aquasana 4600 and 4601 under sink water filters …
These filters use a multi-stage filtration system that is one of the most advanced filtration methods on the market. They use a combination of mechanical filtration, absorption and ion-exchange which is also known as carbon filtration and sub micron filtration.
Their filtration methods have been independently tested and certified by Underwriters laboratories and the California Department of Public Health and they are able to filter up to 30 gallons of clean water per hour.
Their filtration unit consists of two separate filters which filter out 52 contaminants without removing the natural trace minerals that are so important for our health.
The old filtration unit I was using took out all the trace minerals as well and inevitably I had to buy them separately and add them back in. So I like that these units do not kill the trace minerals. It filters out all sorts of nasty toxins such as:
- 99.9% of MTBE and cysts (chlorine-resistant parasites)
- prescription drugs
- gasoline acidities
- organic chemical compounds
- disinfectants and by-products
- bad tastes and odors
- industrial solvents
- herbicides and pesticides
10 Important Aquasana Under Counter Water Filter Facts
Below are the important facts to know regarding these units.
1. Their filters need to be replaced every 6 months or every 500 gallons.
2. Their taps get a really good maximum flow rate of 0.4 gallons per minute.
3. With their free 'water for life' program you get a lifetime warranty on their products.
4. Their products are made in the USA.
5. They have a 90 day money back guarantee – they stand behind their products.
6. Installation can easily be done yourself and their under counter filter systems come with written instructions as well as video instructions.
7. The whole unit weighs only 4 pounds.
8. The minimum operating pressure is 20 psi (pounds per square inch) and the maximum operating pressure is 80 psi.
9. The minimum operating temperature is 40 degrees F and the maximum operating temperature is 90 degrees F.
10.The exact dimensions are 12 “x 7” x 4 “.
After a fair amount of analysis I concluded that the Aquasana AQ4600 and AQ4601 offer some of the best filtration methods for a very competitive price (works out to approx. 10 cents per gallon). With their great quality, awesome warranty and free shipping in North America they are well worth looking into.
I am confident that with their filters you will be drinking and cooking with clean, fresh, healthy and great tasting water.